HOW TO EVALUATE A ROOFING CONTRACTOR
1. EXPERIENCE - Generally, the longer a contractor has been in business, the better. Jake & Co. has been satisfying customers in the local area since 1978.
2. REFERENCES - A reliable and reputable contractor will have the names, addresses and telephone numbers of satisfied customers to contact before agreeing to have work started. The fact that Jake & Co. has been around so long, should tell you something about the quality of installations and our reputation.
3. PROTECTION -Always be sure you are contracting with a licensed, bonded and properly insured contractor. Anyone can make Xerox copies of bogus insurance certificates. Have the insurance carriers mail original certificates directly to you. To maintain these credentials is expensive and there’s a good chance other contractors are not being completely honest. Always check them out for your protection. The Contractors State License Board can help.
4. WORKMANSHIP - Ask to see completed jobs. Ask previous customers if they were completely satisfied. At Jake & Co. we pride ourselves on the quality of our work and use only the highest quality materials. When your home and everything inside is at stake, don’t settle for second best!
5. PRICE - There are hundreds of roofing contractors in San Diego and each one will quote a different price. Companies without the proper licenses or insurance offer an attractive price. But you usually get what you pay for. Go with a company that can guarantee the job will be done properly and have a professional appearance. Make price just one of the many factors in the decision making process.